|Definitely wanna remember this. Texas, Summer 2012|
Happy Merry AFTER Christmas peeps! Let me just say that I am not the traditional blogger. I do not always acknowledge current events or even holidays—hence the lack of a Christmas post J. You see, a long long time ago during my undergrad years when I had to write papers on boring assigned topics like Puritan Colonialism, I realized then that my best writing came from the heart. Therefore if I don’t feel inspired to the point to write and share then it just doesn’t happen. You should thank me for sparing you a diatribe of insincere posts. But as it turns out, I have some thoughts to share today as we are on the eve of a new year. Most people and even scripture advocate not living in the past (Philippians 3:13) but I’ve experienced a lot in 2012: loss, heartache, pain, facing fears, new beginnings, and obtaining victories to name a few. So while I don’t want to perpetually dwell on the past nor have it control me, there are some things I want to remember from 2012…
I want to remember:
· God is a God that makes all things new.
· To Praise the Lord oh my soul and all my innermost being, praise his holy name, Praise the Lord oh my soul and forget not his benefits
· That the Lord will keep in perfect peace those who steady their thoughts on Him because they trust Him---I must remain steadfast in this.
· To acknowledge the Lord in all my ways and so that He will make my pathways straight
· That without faith it is impossible to please God
· That faith is being sure of the things hoped for, and certain of what I cannot see
· To seek first God’s kingdom and righteousness so that all other things will be added unto me
· To bear with others
· To forgive as I have been forgiven
· To be anxious for nothing but in every situation pray to God with thanksgiving
· That God’s unfathomable peace can guard my heart and mind (I don’t have to do it!)
· That God is SO able through his glorious riches in Christ Jesus to meet ALL of my needs
· To set my mind on things above not on earthly things
· To put to death whatever belongs to my earthly nature such as sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed because these are forms of idolatry
· To rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and in all things give thanks because this is God’s will in Christ Jesus
· To not quench/grieve/suppress the Holy Spirit’s actions in my life
What will you remember from 2012? I pray that you and your family have a prosperous and thankful new year.