Sunday, August 19, 2012

Balance


To me life has so much to do with balance.  A balance between living in the world, but not of the world.  A balance between giving the flesh what it needs, but not whatever it pleases.  A balance between hating sin, yet loving the sinner.  A balance between having admiration versus harboring feelings of coveting.  

Right now I feel as if I am living life a bit imbalanced...there's not enough of the Spirit ruling within me.  I am sure that a little talk with Jesus will make it right, but what about when you don't want to have a talk with Jesus because you know HIS way of making it right will come at a cost to you?  More specifically, a cost to my comfort.  Then I suppose there is another form of balance, accepting what you can get and realizing that you can't always get what you want.  

So, I have a choice to make: Live life imbalanced, or in harmony with the will of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment