Wednesday, August 8, 2012

1 John 4:18



I asked the Lord, “What’s bothering me?”
He said Fear
Of  what? I wondered
Everything!  He responded
Afraid to obey my commands
Afraid of what other people think
Afraid of the future you think you will have

I insist that I want to live a life passionate for the ways of Christ
He calls me to surrender

You grow afraid when your will and my will do not match
Let it go Patrice,
Wholly give yourself to Me
You are worried and upset about many things,
But only one thing is necessary
Wholly give yourself
Let go of the fear
Fear of what other people think… how they might criticize or assume… fear of doing My will…fear of a life unknown

After all this time I should know that He always works for my good, not to punish me.  What is there to dread?  Sometimes I don’t know what I’m afraid of—a good life? A better life? Because that is all God has in store for me. :)

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.  For fear has to do with punishment and whoever fears has not been perfected in Love”
--1 John 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment